Wednesday 23 May 2007

CALLOO! CALLAY! HE CHORTLED IN HIS JOY!


AN EMPTY MAILBOX
IS A BOTHERSOME BLIGHT
A HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD
TURNS DARKNESS INTO LIGHT!

A HISTORICAL FACT, THERE WERE TWO PRESIDENT JOHNSONS


(SHAKE ANY TREE, AT LEAST HALF A DOZEN JOHNSONS WILL FALL OUT)


IN KEEPING WITH THE DOGGIE MOTIF,


MY GIFT PLASTER DOG FROM MY DAD'S AUNT ROSE


(THAT OLD DOGGIE IS OLDER THAN ME)


GUARDS THE MM WALKING WORK OF COLLART


BELIEVE IT OR NOT AN ORIGINAL OF MM SINGING TO JFK WAS JUST ON EBAY (SEE ABOVE)


A STEAL AT ONLY .. WOW .. EBAY MUST HAVE PULLED THAT ONE TOO


.. UNBELIEVABLE


Marilyn Monroe vintage photos are becoming downright difficult to collect.

If my memory serves me well .. it went for over $400.00.

Aunt Rose gave me the dog when I was a very small lad.

Look close and you will see the remnants of a star sticker on his chest.

It was my firm belief, as a kid, that at night,

when I was sound asleep, all my toys would come to life.

I had commissioned Plaster Dog as the High Sheriff of all my toys.

I remember that all so well.

That and those hungry caterpillars.

(The card arrived Monday but being an ever so olde codger

I have just now got round to post the card)

A Tip-of-the-Hat to

the Right Honorable RH

from

SBB's Barber, Chef and Manicurist

Coot Johnson







No comments: